Dieseljunky2, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years in the mechanic industry

I need an ignition coil for a Sears Craftsman 19.5 HP v-twin

I need an ignition coil for a Sears Craftsman 19.5 HP v-twin cylinder Briggs and Stratton
engine (PLATINUM on top of engine )(I get no sparks when grounding plugs while turning over engine). The mower is about 6-7 years old, I believe. Where can I find the model, code, or any other number for the coil? I do not know the mower model number - have not found that yet - color of mower is a dark green, 42 in. cut.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Dieseljunky2 replied 5 years ago.

Dieseljunky2 :

Hello, the engine model numbers are stamped in the cover on the top of the engine or on a sticker on the top cover of the engine. The engine model will be six digits, and may have numbers and letters, followed by a four digit code and then followed by a two digit spec, that may also have letters or numbers. Here is a picture of the locations of the model numbers on Sears mowers. Let me know what you find. Thanks

Full Size Image