Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

My 2006 Toro Personal Pace Model 20013 will start and only

My 2006 Toro Personal Pace Model 20013 will start and only run for approximately 30 seconds. If I wait 15 minutes it will start again, but only run 30 seconds. When it is running it surges from full rpm to low rpm when on the sidewalk with no load.
I tried running it with the air filter removed and the same thing occurs.
Your help would be appreciated.
Ron. [email protected]
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 5 years ago.

Vince O. :

Hello,sounds like a carb problem.Clamp the fuel line and remove the bottom carb bowl nut

Full Size Image
.when you remove the nut on the bottom look in the center of it,it is a nozzle the fuel travels through.Poke a wire down the center (a bared bread twister) to make sure center hole is open then look on the side above the hex part for a hole that goes through it .Spray with carb cleaner and verify it coming out holes.reassemble and test.

Vince O. :

Any luck?

Customer:

Hi. I tried the idea and it still does not work. Other ideas?

Vince O. :

If it starts then quits like that it is most likely a fuel problem.Did you poke the wire down the center and through the holes shown above?.Check to see if the carb is loose,see if it moves if you try to wiggle it.

Vince O. :

Does your mower vibrate when it does run?

Vince O. :

Here is a link,look it over. http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_125k02.asp

Customer:

No luck. I took it to a mover repair shop who are changing $120 for a complete 'service'. Thanks for your ideas. I do not plan to provide feedback since you tried to help. Thanks.