Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers

How do I re-atttach the pull cord on my PoulanPro ppb430vs

How do I re-atttach the pull cord on my PoulanPro ppb430vs?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 5 years ago.

Vince O. :

You need a 5/32 allan wrench and a t-25 bit.Remove 3 screws from #2.Next remove 13 screws from back cover #31 and remove it slowly so the trigger ,switch and link don't fall and take a picture so you know how to re assemble,also note where different size screws go.Remove spark plug and insert rope into the plug hole (acts as a piston stop)Remove nut on impeller fan next,#'s 18,32,33, and 34.Bearing might fall out no big deal,just be sure you don't loose spacer #35.With impeller off loosen 4 motor mount screws with T-25 head.I remove front handle #39 and then grab engine and wiggle out and set down next to shround.2 screws hold starter cover #5 on.Grab center of pulley and gentley wiggle until it is free of spring and comes out.(if you just pull it the spring will come out and need rewound or replaced)Re insert rope through the guide 12 (take note on how parts are positioned before removing)and into pulley.To add tension you will see 2 cut outs on the pulley,pull the rope up in into one of them and then turn the pulley and rope together in a clockwise motion a couple turns and then let rope wind back in.Keep a finger on the pulley so it doesn't come off the spring under it .If more tension is need add a wrap or 2 more,I hope that helps.

Thank you!