Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I am having 48 volt charging problems with my Yamaha golf cart.

I am having 48 volt charging problems with my Yamaha golf cart. After servicing batteries and charging with my shop charger they are putting out 49 volts. After 9 holes tonight my charger cycles and stops on red light,( charge not complete). Used a friendsl charger, it worked fine. His charger red light came on along with the yellow(charger on) light. Why will my charger on yellow light not come on? Mike
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 years ago.

curtis b :

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Did you try your charger on your friends cart? If it doesn't work on either, what usually goes out on theses auto chargers is the circuit board with the lights. It requires dismantling the charger and replacing the timer circuit board. There is a way to bypass the card and be sure the charger transformer and diodes are good, but I hesitate to try and explain how it is done. My thought is , you need to have the charger checked by someone who knows chargers. Sorry.