Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators

TROY Bilt 5550 Generator, Model 01919, Rev 00, Serial # XXXXX

TROY Bilt 5550 Generator, Model 01919, Rev 00, Serial # XXXXX tech. manual needed. Generator will not produce spark.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 years ago.

Hello!
Thank you for choosing Just Answer for the solution to your problem.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am going to assist you with this.

This set will have a Briggs and Stratton engine on it.

What are the model and spec numbers off the engine?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
Rev # XXXXX
Serial XXXXXXXXXX br/>AC Volts 120/240
AC AMPS 46.25/23.1
AC WATTS 5550
Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 years ago.

That's the model number of the generator.

I need the model number of the engine itself.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The only numbers on the engine are Fmily: 38SXS3422HT 275385

I have looked over under and all around for any other numbers.

I have replace the spark plug with the approved one.

I have cleaned the bowl out on the carbuerator.

I have replaced the full with clean regular.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 years ago.

The model number will be stamped on the side of the valve cover.

But if you are getting no spark, let's start with the basics.

First, do you have the switch turned on?

Have you checked to make sure the crankcase is full of oil?

If so, follow the spark plug wire to the coil. You will need to remove the engine shroud to access it.

At the coil, disconnect the shut down wire.

If the plug still does not get spark, the coil is bad.

If it does get spark, there is either a short in the shut down wire, the shut off switch, or if the engine has a low oil level switch, it may be bad.

Let me know what you find.

Hank F., Technician
Experience: Certified on Onan and Generac generators