J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

how to remove transmission drive pully from cubcadet lt 1050

how to remove transmission drive pully from cubcadet lt 1050 lawn tractor
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

I assume you are wanting to remove the pulley from the bottom of the engine. If I am correct then the first thing to do is remove the bolt from the bottom of it. Once you have the bolt out you will then want to try to tap it down off lightly with a hammer. If it will not vome down then you will need to purchase a 2 jaw puller. If you are having problems with the engine turning when you try to loosen the bolt then take out the spark plug. Get a clean piece of rope about 1/4" diameter about 3 feet long. Put about half of the rope in the plug hole and it will act as a piston stop to keep the engine from spinning.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the pulley seems to be rusted on to shaft and already bent the pulley so it will haft to be replaced. how do you remove a rusted on pully
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
If it is rust seized so bad that it has already bent then you have no choice, but to use a die grinder and cut the old pulley off. I have had to do it several times. I always make sure I use antiseize on the new pulley to prevent future problems.