J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.
13636126

I have a Toro model 20016 Recycler with primer bulb and without

I have a Toro model 20016 Recycler with primer bulb and without choke control. It starts and runs for about 10 seconds, then begins to lope and finally dies. When I manipulate the throttle control by hand it I can keep it running but as soon as I let go it seems to choke up and die again. Could this automatic throttle control/governor be the problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

Clamp the fuel line shut. Take the bolt out of the bottonm of the carburetor. That is the main jet. It has holes in the sides and one down through the center. Use a small wire and clean out those holes. Try that and let me know.