Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers

How do I change fuel filter on Troy-Bilt Model TB25CS string

How do I change fuel filter on Troy-Bilt Model TB25CS string trimmer?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 5 years ago.
Hello,did you buy the fuel line kit? They normally don't need replaced often,is the one in the tank all gunked up?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a fuel line kit. But I don't even know where the fuel filter is in the engine.. Apparently it's inside the fuel tank, but where?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 5 years ago.
Looking from the rear of the motor the fuel lines are on the left side.Remove 4 screws holding the air box cover off.Look inside tank at the fuel filter,it is flush against bottom of tank.To remove it you have to separate or cut line about 2 inches and then remove the little washer/ring that is on fuel filter nipple sticking out of tank and save.Push filter inside and remove thru gas cap opening.To install new fuel line and filter,cut a piece of trimmer cutting line about 14 inches long and insert from outside of tank and pull thru gas cap.Attach fuel line with filter onto string and pull out bottom of tank,nipple must pull thru and if needed push filter down with a screwdriver to get flush with inside of tank.Reinstall ring on nipple outside of tank.For the return line coming from primer cut a piece of fuel line on a 45 degree angle and push into tank.