Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I have an older Ryobi trimmer(31cc model 790R) that the fuel

I have an older Ryobi trimmer(31cc model 790R) that the fuel lines dry rotted on after being stored for an extended period. I a having trouble finding the correct size lines. I bought some line from The local auto parts store and can get the engine to start but it only runs for a few seconds. I have to keep pushing on the primer bulb to get it running. I may have incorrectly attached the lines. Can you help me with finding the correct replacement fuel lines and maybe a diagram of how they should be attached.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 3 years ago.

Vince O. :

Hello,Look inside tank at the fuel filter,it is flush against bottom of tank.To remove it you have to seperate or cut line about 2 inches and then remove the little washer/ring that is on fuel filter nipple sticking out of tank and save.Push filter inside and remove thru gas cap opening.Cut new fuel line on an angle and push through tank and pull it out gas cap opening,install filter and pull out bottom of tank,nipple must pull thru and if needed push filter down with a screwdriver to get flush with inside of tank.Reinstall ring on nipple outside of tank.For the return line coming from primer cut a piece of fuel line on a 45 degree angle and push into tank.The fuel line I use can be purchased online from www.searspartsdirect.com and is the same as original fuel line.Part number is <530069216> and costs approx $4.25

The primer has two nipples,a long one and a short one.The long nipple is the return line to the gas tank,the short nipple line goes to the carb
nipple near the two adjustment screws.The main fuel line with fuel filter goes to the bottom carb nipple.

Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience: Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers