J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.
13636126

honda lawnmower will not start. used to start up right away

honda lawnmower will not start. used to start up right away for 7 years now, I decided to shut the gas off last time I mowed (6 weeks ago) and now it wont start even with gas on
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

Take the air filter off of it. Put a little bit of gas back into the hole that leads to the carburetor. Put the filter back on and then try to start it. If it starts and then stops then you likely have a plugged up jet in the carburetor. To correct this problem you will need to rebuild the carburetor.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

got a plugged jet. How do I rebuild the carb, can I use "Mechanic in a Bottle" or do I need to send it to the shop?

Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
The mechanic in a bottle may work, but most likely it will need to go in for repairs