J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

My Tecumseh LV195XA engine does not seem to getting a spark

My Tecumseh LV195XA engine does not seem to getting a spark at the plug. Advice please.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

The problem may be a bad ignition module. I need you to do a check for me. Take the entire side cover off ofthe engine and you will see the ignition module. The spark plug wire goes to it. That module has a small wire that plugs into it. Unplug the small wire and then put the cover back on and check for spark. If you have noe spark with the small wire unplugged then the module is likely bad. Make sure you take the module off and sand the areas where it is bolted to the block to make sure they are clean. Use a business card between the legs of the module and the magnets on the flywheel to set the air gap. If you have spark with the small wire unplugged then check that wire for any bare spots.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Am trying to do above but I have company here and cannot finish now. How can I contact you on Sunday to reply. Seems simle enough to check the above but I don't have the time right now.

Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
Just reply to this question.