J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.
13636126

WHERE CAN I FIND A DIAGRAM TO SHOW CARB LINKAGE HOOK UP ON

Customer Question

WHERE CAN I FIND A DIAGRAM TO SHOW CARB LINKAGE HOOK UP ON CRAFTSMAN LT1000, MODELNNN-NN-NNNN?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

See attached picture.

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

HAVE IT SET UP THIS WAY BUT LEVER WILL NOR AFFECT THROTTLE ?

Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
Did you have the governor arm on the side of the engine loosened up?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO. ANOTHER PESON REBUILT THE CARB AND NOW THE THROTTLE LEVER WILL CHOKE THE ENGINE BUT WILL NOT THROTTLE IT DOWN
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
With the engine not running and the throttle set to high speed do you tension on the throttle plate on the carburetor? Try it with the throttle set a idle and see if it still has the same tension. Post a picture of it please if you can also.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
TENSION SEEMS THE SAME IN BOTH POSITIONS. STARTING TO WONDER IF SPRING ON THROTTLE PLATE HAS BEEN JACKED UP.
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
Is the governor spring at the bottom of the lever on the side of the engine connected to the piece that moves when you move the throttle? Get me some pictures if you can.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. The gov arm moves ok. The throttle plate does not move when the lever is moved off choke position
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
If the throttle plate does not move then you may have an internal governor problem. Hold the throttle plate on the carburetor in the idle position and see if the engine will idle. If it will then it is likely in the governor. I would try adjusting the governor. Here is how to do it. The long arm on the side of the engine is the governor arm. It is the vertical arm in behind the control bracket. That arm is attached to a shaft. Loosen the bolt that clamps the arm to the shaft. Move the arm so that it make the linkage move the throttle plate on the carburetor to the wide open position and hold it in that position. Turn the shaft in the same direction you moved the linkage until it stops and hold it. With both of them held in that position tighten the bolt and then try it. Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THE ENGINE WILL IDLE FINE. IT WILL JUST NOT RESPOND TO THE THROTTLE LEVER MOVING FROM FAST TO SLOW. I WILL KEEP AT IT UNTIL I FIGURE IT OUT I GUESS. SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING IS BINDING SOMEWHERE. THANKS FOR YOUR INFO AND THE DIAGRAM.
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
Check out the governor as I stated. Make sure the throttle cable is not sliding in the clamp.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Linkage was bInding from some one jacking with it. I straightened it out and it seems to do Ok now. Thanks again.
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.