My Onan 3600 LP fuel generator has trouble starting when we are camping above 6,000 ft.Is there an "easy" adjustment I can make to the air/fuel mixture. Also what is the reccomended service schedule?
Model: 3600 LP fuel
Campng at lower altitude!
Hello!Thank you for choosing Just Answer for the solution to your problem.My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am going to assist you with this.
What is the full model number of your genset?
Relist: No answer yet.
I need the full model number of your genset to be able to help you.
This is the model# XXXXX
AC volts 120
fuel LPG Thanks for your help, sorry to be slow in responding, I was away. Looking forward to your advice. Sincerely,
No problem - I know all about being busy.
I will admit that I have no experience with high altitude operation - I live no where near the mountains.
But I do know that the KV and KY sets are extremely sensitive to operation at altitude.
What is normally done is to tune the engine to run just a bit leaner.
Fortunately, your set has an adjustable carb, and this is done with the turn of a screw.
At the bottom of the carb is a large screw. This is the main mixture screw. You can try turning it in about 1/8 - 1/4 turn to see if that helps the set start any easier, and maybe run better.
I have uploaded a copy of the Owner Manual for this set, which contains the maintenance schedule.
1. When you click on the link below, a new web page called 4shared will open.
2. When 4shared opens, scroll about half way down the page until you see a BLUE ‘Download Now' button on the left side.
3. Click on the BLUE ‘Download Now' button. Do not click on any GREEN buttons.
4. Clicking on the BLUE button will start a 20 second timer.
5. When the timer expires, a BLUE link that says ‘Download Now' will appear directly above the timer.
6. Click on the blue ‘Download Now' link above the timer to start the download.
Click here to download the file.
Certified on Onan and Generac generators
It's late here so I won't be able to adjust the fuel ratio until the morning. When I do I will accept the answer so you get credit. Thanks for the service manual.
Not a problem.