Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

honda gx160 all PTO shaft rotation turn counterclockwise is

honda gx160 all PTO shaft rotation turn counterclockwise is there a way to turn it to clockwise is there a honda that turns clockwise? or need a gear-box
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, the answer is no. The engines run clockwise when viewed from the flywheel side which translates to counterclockwise from the PTO side. There is a company called Noram that makes reduction gearboxes, but I do not know of one that reverses the direction of rotation. Here's a link to their website:

I wish I could provide an answer for you that would get you exactly what you're after, but without some custom modifications I don't believe that it exists.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there something like a gear box
Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.
To the best of my knowledge it would have to be a custom build. I know of no equipment in the outdoor power equipment industry that runs counterclockwise. What type of application are you trying to mount this on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it's for a vaccum pump that turns clockwise i use it now but i twist the belt i am trying to get it right so i do not have to change it every few months but it looks like that will be the case thanks doug
Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.
I'm afraid you're right unless there's a way you can mount the equipment and engine differently. If there's a way to reverse the engine on the mount and still get the police to line up you would change the direction of rotation that way as well. Otherwise, the twisted belt is probably your best answer. In that case I would certainly recommend either a Kevlar or an aramid fiber belt for the best life.