Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines

how to replacen a troy built snow blower drive belt

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

Here is the procedure that I use for these belts. First remove the belt cover, then turn the machine so that it is standing up on it's snout (handles facing straight up) Next remove the belly pan from the bottom of the machine. You should now be able to see straight through the machine. You need to remove the auger belt from the engine pulley first. I always start at the top placing the belt on the engine pulley then fish the new belt through. get it around the bottom pulley once it is on both pulleys you can pull the spring loaded idler pulley to the outside of the belt so that it keeps tension on the belt. Reinstall the auger pulley and covers and you are all set

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the spring load pulley, what does it look like?
Expert:  Jon K. replied 5 years ago.

The spring loaded idler pulley is a small pulley about 2-3 inches in diameter and sits below and to the side of the engine pulley. Here is a picture of a belt setup. Item C is the idler pulley for the auger belt, Item F is behind the auger idler pulley and looks just like it.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here