J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

My MTD single stage snowblower is having problems. It was

My MTD single stage snowblower is having problems. It was not starting at all yesterday. I changed the spark plug, got gas to the specific mixture and last night and this morning it started right up.

Tonight, in the snowstorm it will start run for 10 seconds and quit. This is with the choke on. I pulled the gas line of the carb and gas runs from it freely.

ANy suggestions
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
Clamp the fuel line shut. Take the bolt out of the bottom of the carburetor. That is the main jet. It should have holes in the sides and one down through the center. Use a small wire and clean out those holes and then try it.