Dieseljunky2
Dieseljunky2, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years in the mechanic industry
24158749

I have a white Snow Boss with a Tecumseh Hsk600 or Hsk 840

I have a white Snow Boss with a Tecumseh Hsk600 or Hsk 840 engine. Gasoline is leaking profusely from the Carburetor. The leak appears to be from where the Carb bowl meets the Carb. Is there supposed to be a gasket at that union? If not, do you have any ideas on why i have the Carb leak and what I can do about it?

Dieseljunky2 :

Can you supply the actual engine numbers? Thanks.

Dieseljunky2 :

There are several different carbs used and the 6 and 8.5 hp sometimes have different carbs. I don't want to give you incorrect information. Thanks

Customer :

No its at the shop and I'm at home

Dieseljunky2 :

If you want to post them here tomorrow, I can check when I am on tomorrow. Thanks

Customer :

I don't know how to get back here.

Dieseljunky2 :

Just reply back to the message like you are doing now. It will send you right back to my terminal. I will respond back as I am doing now when I am back on line tomorrow. Thanks

Customer :

Diesel, here is the engine # XXXXX 1627S (D) 4179H. I now know that there is a gasket where the Carb and Carb Bowl meet because I pulled it off yesterday. Any idea of the part # XXXXX where I can purchase it?

Dieseljunky2 :

Yes, here is a link to the website that you can get all the parts you need. The second link is to the repair manual. Thanks and don't forget to click the accept button so I can get credit for assisting you. Click this link for the engine parts list, the one that starts with "TEC" is the carb parts. http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=Tecumseh&mn=hsk600-1627s Here is the repair manual link. http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf

Customer :

Thank You!