Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My snowblower keeps sputtering and then stalls. Ive been

Customer Question

My snowblower keeps sputtering and then stalls. I've been using fresh gas. What might be the cause?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  CJBennett replied 3 years ago.

Has it been running fine to this point? Is this the first time it was used this year?

CJ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it had problems last year as well.
Expert:  CJBennett replied 3 years ago.

What kind is it? Do you have a model number handy?

CJ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is a yard machines. I do not presently have the model number.
Expert:  CJBennett replied 3 years ago.

Is it a 2 cycle engine (oil and gas mix)?

CJ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is not an oil and gas mix.
Expert:  CJBennett replied 3 years ago.
Sounds like a plugged up main jet in you carbureter. Do you know if it is a Tecumseh engine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No.
Expert:  CJBennett replied 3 years ago.
I need to know what kind of engine it is. That way I can give you the proper instructions. See if you can find the model number off the unit. It should be on a sticker towards the back of it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Actually, I am at work, and don't have access to it now.
Expert:  CJBennett replied 3 years ago.

Do you want to get back to me later? I'll be here all day helping people. I'm on the east coast, I know how bad it is. Just come back to this question.

CJ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. I'll have to get back to you, but it probably will not be until tomorrow since I won't be home until later tonight.
Expert:  CJBennett replied 3 years ago.

That's fine. I'll get an Email alert when you get back on the site.

CJ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok
Expert:  CJBennett replied 3 years ago.

I may even be on tonight. Just get me that model number and post it. If I'm near a computer I'll get on. Have a good day.

CJ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will. Thanks.
Expert:  CJBennett replied 3 years ago.
Ok