Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
29067132

We have a CCR 2450 single stage Toro snowthrower. Tried to

We have a CCR 2450 single stage Toro snowthrower. Tried to start it tonight, the recoil starter pull thing won't pull out properly and without force; can;t start machine obviously.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

Just to be clear, you are mixing oil with your gas, correct? This is a two cycle machine and does not have a separate oil reservoir.

If that is all fine I would ask that you remove the spark plug and try pulling the recoil. Let me know what happens and I will see what I can do to help.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, we mix gas and oil; it is a two cycle machine. Any idea how to describe to us where the spark plug is?
I was just making sure. The spark plug should be located towards the left side of the machine somewhere around the "dashboard" That is the panel where the switch, and primer is. There may be a round disc that can be removed in order to get to the spark plug.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok we took the cover off and pulled a rubber cover off what we believe is the spark plug; recoil still does not pull
The only other thing that should stop your engine from turning over is the belt being stuck around the pulley. On the left hand side of the engine there is another cover. Remove this and check the belt. If the belt looks fine see if you can manually turn the engine pulley (with the spark plug still out) If you can then you have a recoil issue, if not then the engine has a mechanical issue and there is not a lot we can do over the internet.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we cannot get the screws off - they just turn.
Some of the screws are actually bolts, some are screws. look at the back side for a nut that you can hold in place.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yea we figured that out but still cannot undo them. We are going to take it in to Farm & Fleet tomorrow - we thank you for your time and will accept your answer!
Let's hope for the best, XXXXX XXXXX it is just a broken recoil.