Chris, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  20 years of servicing small engines of all kinds

John deere gator xuv 620, it keeps stalling out when idling

John deere gator xuv 620, it keeps stalling out when idling and the battery drains . It will run for a few minutes until i need to boost it again. it will keep running if i keep the booster on while idling. I am having a problem with my snow blade switch for up and down and I am wondering if that would have anything to do with it as far as draining the battery.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Chris :

Charge the battery completley. Test the battery voltage. It should be right around 12.5, if not your battery is week. Start the machine, rev it to up and check the voltage again, it should be 14 volts are better, if not you charging system is not replenishing your battery. My bet is your battery is not being recahrged and the added stress from the plow lift is draing down the battery.

Chris :

Please remember to click on the accept button at the end of this chat, it is the only way i am compensated for my time...Thanks

Customer :