Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
29067132

My (very Cold weather) Toro snow blower would not start. I

My (very Cold weather) Toro snow blower would not start. I set the throttle on fast and made sure the off key was seated securely then pushed the priming bulb initially 3 times as per instructions and I had no ignition. Pull many times with no success. Pushed the priming bulb addition 3 times and still would not start. Removed the park plug and it was dry. Put a teaspoon of gas in the cylinder and replaced the plug. Engine started on first pull. Used blower to clear my driveway no problems. Not sure sure where to start to repair. machine 5 years old. Help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

This may be a very easy fix since the engine starts and runs if you prime it manually. First flip the machine on its snout so that the handles are facing straight up in the air. On the right side (behind the off key and inside the metal box) you will see the carburetor. There should be a small (1/4") black hose that comes from the primer to the carburetor. A lot of times this hose deteriorates right at the carb and rots off. Cut it back and place it back on the inlet nipple on the carb. Now your machine should start normally.