Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines

how do i change the oil on the 5.5 hp tecumseh snow blower

how do i change the oil on the 5.5 hp tecumseh snow blower engine?

graphicThank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

Before you drain the oil run the engine for about 5-10 minutes to make the draining go much faster and easier.

Most Tecumseh engines have a small tube installed on there snowblower engines to drain the oil from. About 80% of these have the drain tube located on the back side of the engine. Just remove the cap and the oil will drain. On the engines that do not have a drain pipe on the back, you will find it on the side of the engine.

If by chance you have one of the few engines that do not have a drain pipe, you will have a square drain plug in one of the same locations.