Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines

snowblower wont start and stay running help

snowblower won't start and stay running ? help

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

Does your snowblower start at all, even for a few seconds?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes for a few seconds then cuts out
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
need a little more help than that !!!

Very good,

You need to clean out your carburetor; your machine is starving for fuel or has a blockage.

First turn of your fuel or pinch off the fuel line.

Turn you machine on its snout so that the handles are facing straight up in the air.

On the side of the engine you will see the carburetor float bowl with your main jet in the center. Remove this jet by unscrewing it and gently remove the bowl inspecting to see if there is any debris inside it. Clean the bowl and spray some carb cleaner straight up and into the hole the jet was unscrewed from.

you will also need to clean the jet thoroughly including the little hole not just the big one (see picture) Once everything is clean set the machine back on it's wheels and turn the fuel on allowing fuel to run through into a drip pan for about 10 seconds.

Stand the machine back up and reassemble. This should get you going

Please be patient, sometimes answers take a few minutes to write up. We will continue this thread until your problem is resolved, there is no need to pay again for this answer