J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

snow blower wont start. Fresh gas, primed and spark plug

snow blower won't start. Fresh gas, primed and spark plug checked. In choke position. I'm out of ideas

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

Clean the spark plug and dry it off. Before you put the spark plug in it put a couple of tablespoons of gasoline into the spark plug hole. Put the spark plug back in it and then try to start it. If it start up and then stops then you likely have a plugged up jet in the carburetor. Take the bottom off of the carburetor and use some carburetor cleaner and spray up into the ports and passages of the carburetor. Also inspect the bolt that holds the carburetor on for any holes in the sides of it and down through the center. If it has holes use a small wire to clean those holes out and then spray the holes out with the carburetor cleaner. Let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It ran with the fuel in the spark plug hole and stopped. I have to go get some cleaner.

You have a plugged up carburetor. Get some cleaner and give it a cleaning.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It wasn't easy to clean, but I got it started. Spilled about a quart of gas in the process. Just kept leaking out. Is that normal?

Is it running correctly now?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Seems to be.
Glad to hear it. The gas draining is normal. I should have to you to put a container under it and clamp the fuel line closed. Sorry about that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think we're good now. Thanks
Thank you very much. Have a nice holiday.