I have a true life 5000E generator. I used it for the first time and it ran great for about an hour then it continued running but quit putting out power
Make: true life
resetting circuit breakers
Hello!Thank you for choosing Just Answer for the solution to your problem.My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am going to assist you with this.
This is a Chinese made genset, and unfortunately, parts and service are virtually impossible to come by.
The Chinese only care about making a sale, and after that, it is 'So solly, tough ruck'.
However, depending on the style of voltage regulation, it may be a simple fix.
The first thing I need you to do is a procedure known as' flashing the field'.
1. Remove the spark plug wire.
2. Obtain an old extension cord that you can cut one end off, or an old power cord from an appliance (you will need the male end left on the cord).
3. Note how on the receptacle, one slot is longer than the other. This longer slot is the negative slot. It is critical that you get it hooked up correctly.
4. Determine which wire of the cord will go to the negative slot.
5. Connect the negative wire to the negative terminal of a 12V battery.
6. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal of the battery.
7. Plug the cord into the receptacle and pull the starter cord 6-8 times.
8. Immediately unplug the cord. DO NOT LEAVE THE CORD PLUGGED IN FOR MORE THAN 6 OR 8 SECONDS.
9. Disconnect the wires from the battery.
10. Reconnect the spark plug wire and see if the set is now producing electricity.
If it is not, please let me know and we can troubleshoot further.