Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines

Honda HS55 reHow do I replace the v belt on a HS55 honda snowthower,

reHow do I replace the v belt on a HS55 honda snowthower, just broke the auger belt. But why I'm in there, I might as well do both.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answers needed to resolve your problem

Here is the procedure that I use for these belts. First remove the belt cover, then turn the machine so that it is standing up on it's snout (handles facing straight up) Next remove the belly pan from the bottom of the machine. You should now be able to see straight through the machine. I always start at the bottom and fish the new belt through making sure to get it on the larger auger pulley first. Once the bottom end is taken care of you can set the machine back down on it's wheels to make it easier to work on the top end, When bringing the belt around the top pulley, your idler pulley may case you some issues, if it does then you can just remove the center bolt and take the pulley completely off for the time being. Once your belt is on the top pulley all thats left is to replace the guard and belly pan and you will be up and running again.

You will want to replace the drive belt first with the spring loaded pulley that keeps tension on it.