Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a INTEK I/C Briggs & Stratton engine with a Carburetor

Customer Question

I have a INTEK I/C Briggs & Stratton engine with a Carburetor part # XXXXX . The old carb part #215369 is no longer available. The problem was that when I put gas in the tank it leak out very fast threw the carb. So I thougth it was the needle & seat problem. I purchase a new replacement carb #698474. Now I`m still having the same problem. What am I missing or do I have another bad carb.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.

curtis b :

The needle and seat are the only thing hat keeps the fuel from running out the carburetor. The needle could be stuck on a new carburetor. Until they get wet from gas , the rubber end has a tendency to hang up. Just remove the bowl and check that the float and needle valve are working. Reinstall and problem should go away. Let me know. Thank you.