J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

How do I change the primer of my Yard Machines Snow blower

Customer Question

How do I change the primer of my Yard Machines Snow blower 600 series?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
What are the model numbers off of the engine? Is the primer part of the carburetor or is it mounted on the ouside of the metal cover on the engine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is mounted on the outside of the metal cover. Model number is XXXXX serial no is 1J288B30382. The question is do I just pry the primer base off the panel or do I need to take down the fuel tank, and the engine cover? If I do need to take of the engine cover, how do I take of the Choke button and the accelerator button? Do I just pull hard?
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
The primer is held on by plastic tabs. Those tabs must be pressed in. You will need to pry on them from the backside so the cover has to come off. The buttons just pull off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I managed to pry off the thing by the time you answered without access from behind which is very difficult and time consuming (at least 15 screws to loosen and manage fuel lines so the fuel does not spill. Hence not happy with your answer: too late and not correct. I am giving up on asking.
Expert:  J.R. replied 5 years ago.
I did not tell you to pry it off from the outside.