Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
29067132

Honda HS55 SNOWBLOWER I HAVE A HONDA HS55 SNOWBLOWER, THE

I HAVE A HONDA HS55 SNOWBLOWER, THE AUGER BELT BROKE AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT THE DISASSEMBLY ORDER IS AND HOW HARD A JOB IT IS TO GET THE NEW BELT ON THE PULLEYS. MIKE K
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

This is not a difficult fix. Stand the machine up on it's snout so the handles are facing straight up in the air. Remove the belt cover and the belly pan. Now you can install the belt. Slide the belt through the belly up to the engine. Route the belt around the auger pulley first, and then around the engine pulley. There are time when it is easier if you remove the idler pulley so you have a little more room to work. That is really all there is to replacing this belt. Just check the tension on it before you button everything back up.

Edited by Jon K on 12/4/2010 at 4:16 PM EST