RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  28 YEAR SERVICE TECHNICIAN
19031375

I have an Ariens snowblower witha 9HP Tecumseh engine. It

Customer Question

I have an Ariens snowblower witha 9HP Tecumseh engine. It has recently started rythmically surging in RPM's at no load but running perfectly under load. Too Rich? If so, does the mixture need adjustment? If so, where is it? Jerry
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  RUSS replied 6 years ago.

RUSS :

Hi, this is Russ, I'll be helping you with your problem today. THANKS! This is caused by trash in the carburetor. I would remove and disassemble the carb,soak it in carb cleaner overnight and rebuild with a carb kit from the local dealer. The engine is running very lean and the mechanical governor is trying to stabilize. A good soaking and carb kit is the answer here. Remember to DIAGRAM ALL LINKAGE AND PARTS SO REASSEMBLY GOES WELL.