Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

How do I convert 420cc to Horsepower

Customer Question

How do I convert 420cc to Horsepower?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Doug E. replied 5 years ago.

There is no such conversion being HP is determined by many factors. A 400cc motorcycle engine can produce 50HP, but a similar sized engine in a lawn tractor might only have 12HP.

You will need to look up the engine model number and see if B&S has it rated on their website or in the shop manual for that motor. If you can provide me with the details on the engine, I can try and find that for you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Doug

Here in Canada all the small engine equipment is now sold by cc not HP so I was hopeful that someone had comeup with a conversion table .But as you point out I will have to go to the specific manufacturer to find out my info .

Expert:  Doug E. replied 5 years ago.
Here they often do that to confuse consumers over what they are buying. In my opinion, power and size should always be listed.

The horsepower information is available, but you will have to hunt for it, or let me know what motor you have and I'll hunt for it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok thanks .
Expert:  Doug E. replied 5 years ago.
If you don't need any additional help, you can close the question.