Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

i have a 4200 chamberlin opener how do wire get hook up which

Customer Question

i have a 4200 chamberlain opener how do wire get hook up which color gos where how do you set the up and down thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

On the back of the opener are 3 screws, 1-2-3/ The single button opener attached to the house connects to screw 1 and 2. The laser beams are wired together matching the colors and then attached to screw 2 and 3.

As for adjusting the up and down maximum you need to use a screwdriver and turn the set limit screws on the unit to minimum and operate the door. Each time it opens and closes you need to adjust the limit screws till the door touches the floor and then the unit continues about 2 inches of movement to get a good tight seal of the garage door. On the max height you need to get the door to just clear the opening on the house so you dont see the door while its all the way up, to prevent hitting your vehicle on the door.