Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Briggs & Stratton 5hp Family YBSXS.2061HC 274679

Customer Question

I have a Briggs & Stratton 5hp Family YBSXS.2061HC 274679. Where do I find the model number and code on this engine to be able to order a carborator kit?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.

See attached link. The numbers will be stamped into the metal on one of the covers.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Have examined all locations and find no numbers. Any more suggestions?
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.
Look on the side of the valve cover that has OHV stamped into it or the cover near it. The number will be in one of those locations.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not a OHV engine. Still cannot find numbers.
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.
Does it have a plastic cover over the top of the engine? If so the numbers will be under that on the metal cover. The number will be right above the spark plug hole.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No plastic plate. Nothing around spark plug hole. Had another man examine for me.....found nothing.....!!!
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.
Can you post some pictures of the engine?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Don't have the ability to post pictures. Please refund fee of $17.00. We will have to look for another solution. Thank you.
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.

If the engine is not a OHV engine then the numbers are stamped into the metal right above the sparkplug hole. See attached link.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No numbers stamped into the metal above the sparkplug hole. Was not able to access the attached link.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
Your model number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN your carburetor is 498298. Here is a site with full breakdown. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, we have already taken the part to the Snapper mechanic and he repaired it for us. We would appreciate a refund to Paypal .