Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers

I have a cub cadet series 2000 model 136-214-100, serial#

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet series 2000 model: 136-214-100, serial# XXXXX I need a wiring diagram to figure out why I'm not getting any juice when I turn the key. Can you help me?

Thanks, Bill
Richmond, VA
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 years ago.
Hello.that model number isn't coming up.Can you please double check it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The information is the same as stamped on the tractor. The tractor was probably made in the mid 1990's and I noticed on another web site they did not go back earlier than 1997
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 years ago.
Does it say 2130 or 2160?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The decal on the back of the tractor just has Series 2000. There is no other reference to series other than the model # XXXXX is stamped on a plate next to the engine. The model # XXXXX; 136-214-100 and underneath is the serial# XXXXX
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 years ago.
Well I am sorry ,but I cannot find your model,not even on the Cub Cadet website.I'll try looking a little longer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just realized on the side section that I had removed covering the motor is a decal that has HDS 2135. Maybe this will help.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 years ago.
Here is a link to the cub cadet site.Enter 2135 for model search and when it refreshes there will be 2 models to choose from.Yours is the second one according to serial number.Click on it and then illustrated parts on right side of page.From there you can view every part on your tractor. Cadet Parts-_-Cub Cadet Parts
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, it does not give me electrical wiring schematics. The tractor was turned off and one hour later when I went to start it nothing happened when I turned the key. I replaced the battery, but still nothing. What do you think ? Dead starter?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 years ago.

Did you click on battery and electrical? It showed the wire harness.