Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I HAVE A ORAN GENSET 5000 GENERATOR IN MY WINNEBAGO BRAVE (1999

<p>I HAVE A ORAN GENSET 5000 GENERATOR IN MY WINNEBAGO BRAVE (1999 YR. MODEL). I HAVE CHARGED THE HOUSE BATTERIES TO FULL CHARGE AND I'AM GETTING 14.02 VOLTS AT THE SOLENOID CONETCION WITH SHORELINE CONECTED. AS I TRY TO START THE GENSET THE SOLENOID JUST CLICKS (LIKE THERE'S NOT ENOUGH VOLTAGE?) ALSO AFTER CHARGING BATTERIES THE HOUSE LIGHTS WOULDN'T COME ON UNTIL I PLUGED IN SHORELINE?</p><p>I HAVE CHECKED ALL FUSES AND CIRCUT BREAKERS ALSO!</p>

This sounds like your house batteries have gone bad.

Using a voltmeter is not a good test of a battery, as even a bad battery can show 12V.

The first thing you need to do is to take your batteries in to have them load tested - which most auto parts stores will do for free.

Once you have verified your batteries are good, if the set will still not start, please let me know.

I will need the full model number of the genset.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

HANK,

THE MODEL NO. IS 5.0 BGE-FA/26100P (40.0 AMPS Gasoline) ORAN EMERALD PLUS 5000 GenSet. AS I STATED BEFORE THE BATTERIES HAVE BEEN CHARGED TO "FULL" ACORDING TO MY BATTERY CHARGER.

Yes, but as I said, even a bad battery can read 12V.

The first thing you need to do is to have the batteries load tested to make sure they are good.