Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Im working on a yamaha g16E. I need the wiring for the selonoid.

I'm working on a yamaha g16E. I need the wiring for the selonoid. I have no schematic.
Chat Conversation Started
curtis b :

Here is a diagram of the electrical, I'm not sure what you are calling the solenoid??http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/images/document/wiring%20diagram%20Yamaha%20G16E.pdf

Customer :

this diagram doesnot show the selonoid as I know it. On the diagram I think its located between the batteries and the motor.

curtis b :

I looked at three different diagrams and none showed what I though was a solenoid.! Do you what year model this one is? By this being a G16e, I assume it is an electric 36 volt cart and not a gas unit.

curtis b :

look at this g9. solenoid should wire up the same.http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/G9.pdf

Customer :

you are correct this is a 1996 yamaha g16e 36 volt golf cart. the selonoid is behind the seat infront of the batteries. A wire goes from the plus side of battery to the battery side of the selonoid, large post. the wires from the switch go to the two small posts. What i am not sure of is the wire from the contoller ?

curtis b :

Did you look at the g9

Customer :

this wiring diagram will be the ticket , Thanks so much!!!!