J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

I have a Briggs & Stratton Genpower 10.0 Model #19g412 Type

I have a Briggs & Stratton Genpower 10.0 Model #19g412 Type 0129-01 code 970124ye That will start on choke, run for about 3 seconds, and stops and will not restart until the next day. What could be wrong?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.

The problem sounds like the carburetor is plugged up. I would take the carburetor apart and give it a good cleaning. In the center leg of the carburetor is a nozzle that has holes in the sides. Use a small wire and clean those holes out.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Cleaning te carb did not work.
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.
If the engine still quits after cleaning the carburetor then you need to see if you still have spark at the spark plug when it quits. If you have no spark, then you likely have a bad ignition coil.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There was no spark. Where is the ignition coil?

Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.
It is located under the large cover that has the recoil starter bolted to it. Take that cover off and you will see the spark plug wire going to it. Before you replace the coil unplug the small wire that plugs into it. Put the cover back on and then try to see if it has spark. If it has spark with that small wire unhooked the check that wire for a bare spot or if the engine has a low oil switch check the oil level. If the oil level is good then the oil level switch may need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you it was the oil level switch. Only I unhooked the switch wire before i went to all the trouble of takeing the cover off.