Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2000 EZ-GO gas golf cart That currently will not start.

I have a 2000 EZ-GO gas golf cart That currently will not start. The battery is good. It turns over without any problem but will not start. I had this problem earlier in the year and changed the sparkplugs air filter and gas filter. It has started with some difficulty ( but would flood out if the choke was used) It runs great after the first start of the day. It would usually turn over for 30-60 seconds before it would catch and start. You could also smell gas when starting. It would backfire on occassion. The problem now, is it no longer starts again. It keeps turning over but doesn't catch to start. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have not ever had any problems before this starting problem started.

Chat Conversation Started
curtis b :

If it were mine, I would pull the spark plugs, verify that I have spark with the plugs grounded. If spark is good, I wouls check the compression and see what it reads, If not up to specs , I would adjsut the valves.If that didn't fix it I would remove the carburator and disassemble it and give it a through cleaning and install new carb. kit. Here is site for complete engine manual, the second one is the engine manual. You can look at it or down load for free. Let me know. Thanks.

JACUSTOMER-t8kwvqal- :

I am not a mechanic but my neighbor has experience with small engines. He will try your reccomendation but can't get at it until next week. I'll get back to you then.

curtis b :

Thats fine , i'm on forced retirement, got laid off at 63. Got all the time in the world.

Good job!!!Thanks.