Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

We have a 1992 golf cart with wiring problems. Cant get it

We have a 1992 golf cart with wiring problems. Can't get it to run. I need the dianostics for it. The serial number is XXXXX 41192. I hope you can help me. I've been getting no where. Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
curtis b :

The Ezgo unit has three micro switches that have to make up to close the solenoid. If the solenoid doesn't close, you get no power to the speed control. Is this a resistor cart? I think it is and I have one just like it. I will include site with diagrams, just scroll down opening page. Look at the micro switches on the f/r lever and the micro switch on the foot pedal linkage. You can bypass the two switches on f/r and go direct from the keyswitch output , to the foot pedel switch and see if unit will run. Let me know. Thanks.http://mrcarts.com/cat_ezgo_technical_info.cfm