Bluextc89, Mechanic
Experience:  Golf Cart, Overhead Door, and Tractor repairs.

I have a 1992 yamaha golf cart G9A. I have no spark to the

I have a 1992 yamaha golf cart G9A. I have no spark to the spark plug. I change out the Ignitor unit assembly from a stick that did some damage to it. The cart would run for about 10 minutes and quite. But if you waited a few seconds it would start up and run for another 10 minutes. It did this about five times and now it quite all together. All the connections look good and I didn't see any broken wires. Any answers?
Here is the wiring schematic to your cart....
By your symptoms - it appears the coil itself is bad... as once it heats up - the problem occurs.
Immediately after it shuts down - check for voltage at the coil terminals. No voltage = bad coil.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have voltage at the coil on the red and white wire but no voltage at the orange wire, does this still mean a bad coil?
As long as there is a good ground - yes, Turning on the key should produce voltage @ red/white AND orange.