jcook, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  15 yrs experience John Deere C&CE technician. Briggs & Stratton MST, Instructor

my john deere LX279 kawasaki liquid cooled engine lopes at

my john deere LX279 kawasaki liquid cooled engine lopes at low rpms when it is warm
Make sure that the vent in the gas cap is not plugged, Since the carburetor was cleaned and there is no chance of residual debris that have migrated back into the carburetor. the only option is to replace the carburetor. We have recently been down this path with some of our equipment, after cleaning and trying to meter the fuel we could get the engine to run good at full throttle and under load, but could not get rid of the surging at low RPM. The secondaries would not meter fuel correctly. Since you have done everything already the only option would to be replace the carburetor. It solved our issues. The JD p/n for the carburetor is AM128355. Talk in a bit