James W
James W, Small Engine Troubleshooting Expert
Experience:  7 years as Mechanic & Parts Manager for Brother who has Owned Lawn & Garden Repair shop for 35 years
18589515

How do you turn the Craftsman Model 900-79654 edger into a

Customer Question

How do you turn the Craftsman Model 900-79654 edger into a weed eater?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Ranwell1 :

It is an edger NOT a Trimmer. Did sometome suggest that there was any possibility of doing this? As far as I have ever known this is NOT possible to turn this into a weed trimmer. into a weed trimmer

Customer:

It can be turned into an edger. That is one of the reasons that we bought it. I just forgot how to turn it. If I cannot figure it out then I guess I will have to buy a new one. Thanks anyway.

Expert:  James W replied 6 years ago.

The unit IS an edger. Your original question

"How do you turn the Craftsman Model 900-79654 edger into a weed eater"?

Now you are saying:

"It can be turned into an edger. That is one of the reasons that we bought it. I just forgot how to turn it.."

Are you saying that the Cutting head with a metal blade can be rotated so that it works life a mini lawn mower?

With the blade running parallel to the ground and the guard on top?

Or is it already in that position and you want to put it in its normal condition of having the blade run up and down?

Was the parts list Ranwell provided correct for your unit?

Expert:  James W replied 6 years ago.

Here is the owners manual for your unit.

It describes everything this unit will be able to do.

I shows the exact way to assemble it correctly.

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0905388.pdf

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Never mind. I will figure it out myself. If I just wanted to look at the owner's manual I would have looked it up myself. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  James W replied 6 years ago.

If what you were trying to do was able to be done, do you not think that the owners manual would have made SOME mention of how to do it.

This is not a "TORX GT" as is being advertised on TV.

It does not appear to be a model with a rotating head.

The only way that this unit could be anything else than an edger is by putting a different power head on the handle.

Some units are turnable, bit this unit does not seem at all to have that feature.

SOmetimes the answer is...

I am sorry, you have been misinformed by a sales person.

Sometimes the correct answer is NO.

ALready two experts share this opinion with 3000 ANswered questions between them,

I was giving you the owners manual to show you that based on the parts list provided by the previous expert and the owners manual, that this is Not a feature of this unit.