Rick
Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

I have a Poulan 2800 chainsaw. How do I replace the fuel lines.

Customer Question

I have a Poulan 2800 chainsaw. How do I replace the fuel lines. There are two visible nipples on the carb looking from the back, one above where the two lines come out of the fuel tank on the left, the other on the top right side.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.

Are you talking about getting the line to feed through the holes? If so, make a diagonal cut on the line so you have a sharp edge to feed through the hole, then once it's through cut it back square. Make sure you leave enough extra line to give you room for the cut so you don't come up short.

Let me know...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have done that. My question is, where do I connect the hoses.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.

You have one hose at the top of the tank that's just a vent hose. Connect that one to the atmosphere. It has a plug on the outside and a duckbill check valve on the inside.

The hose with the filter goes to the metering side of the carburetor, the fitting on the side.

There is a pulse hose that goes from a fitting on the crankcase behind the carburetor and it runs to the pump side of the carburetor, the fitting on top.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX do not see the atmosphere connection.

The side of the carburator, is it the left side? just so that I am clear.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Still waiting for reply to last questions. Did not understand your reference to atmosphere. Is atmosphere the same as "vent"? Where would I find that connection? I do not see this connection. Also, are you referencing the gas filter connection to be on the lower left side of the carburator looking at it from the rear.

Thanks