Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

i have a weedeater vip riding lawnmower 42 cut (2 blades).

i have a weedeater vip riding lawnmower 42" cut (2 blades). One blade cuts closer to the ground than the other. How do I adjust the blades to cut at the identical height of the grass?
What is the full model and serial number of your unit please?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a riding lawnmower: 16HP 42" cut Weed Eater VIP. Model Number: HD3L4E9
What is on the model plate about the size of a business card? The decorative decals on the side of the mower are meaningless to us in service. There is a model plate with specific information to identify which one of many, many different 16HP 42" riders you have.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I believe I found what you are asking:

Model: 130-768

Serial: 120795A 001389

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Rick.........any progress on my answer.............Luke

Because of the age of the unit, I've had absolutely no luck in locating an owners manual for anywhere. However, I'll post an illustration and step you through the process.

The very first step is to get it on a level surface such as your driveway. The next step, and this is critically important, is to check the air in your tires. A low tire will throw you off every time. With the key switch off and the spark plug grounded raise the cutting deck to its highest position.

Using a ruler or table measure underneath the deck. Start with the blades toward the outer position and measure the distance from the blade to the ground on each side. You should try to stay within 1/8 of an inch. If the distance is greater than 1/8 of an inch. Then you'll need to make the adjustments to the hangers I will point out one illustration below.

Next, move the blades to the forward position and measure the distance and the blade tips on the front and the back. You should be slightly lower in the front, somewhere between a eighth of an inch to a half an inch. If the deck is level, from front to back it will not cut properly. It needs to be slightly lower in the front.

Please look at the illustration below, and it will point out to you the location for the adjustments are made. I am also going to post a link to a video that while not for your specific tractor, the generalities are exactly the same.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have questions.

Edited by Rick on 8/1/2010 at 12:10 AM EST
I should also mention that if this process does not get you cutting level, that you may have either a bent blade or a bent spindle. So while you're there, I would certainly check by rotating the blades together and looking in the center that the tips are level with one another regardless of how the deck is adjusted.