Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

i have a shindaiwa weed eater model #62902. #s also on body

Customer Question

i have a shindaiwa weed eater model #62902. #'s also on body N452 & C-4. i believe it to be a 4cyl. motor but on the gas cap it says add oil. can you please let me know if adding oil will harm the motor? if you could answer asap i have a job to do at 8:00a.m. on 7/27/2010, and will probably have to add more gas to finish job. thank you. My email [email protected]
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joan-Mod replied 6 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.
Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.
Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that.
Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.

You are right on both counts. It's a 4-cycle hybrid, and yes you mix oil with the gas. You should use Shindaiwa ONETM mixing oil at 50:1 ratio (or another brand of oil that meets ISO-L-EGD and JASO FC standards).

Hope this helps!