Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines

jon, the drive belt on the Toro GT2100 has streached and I

the drive belt on the Toro GT2100 has streached and I need to replace it I have the tools just nedd to get it off. I have removed the deck, what next
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 6 years ago.
Can you get me a better model number? I can not find anything listed as a GT2100 in the toro library. There has got to be a number, possibly under the seat or on the frame that corresponds to your tractor. I'll keep looking while you find the number.
Expert:  Jon K. replied 6 years ago.

Here is a link to help you find the model numbers. I see the GT2200 on toro's website, but no model number for it either. This is the frustrating part, once we have some good numbers to work with it will get much easier.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

does this help14AP80RP744

Expert:  Jon K. replied 6 years ago.

Yes it did thank you.

Here is a diagram of the routing of your belt.

Start by engaging the parking brake, this will release pressure from the belt. The easiest way to remove the old belt is to start at the idler or clutch pulley (the one that moves) and pull the belt away from that pulley first, then just work your way around the belt removing it from pulleys as you go. Take your time and remove as little as possible. Install in the reverse that you removed it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the clucth needs to be removed,in order to get to the top pully on the crank, can u not send me a instruction page as there a number of belts that need removing in order to get the drive belt to the transmission at the rear of the machine

Expert:  Jon K. replied 6 years ago.

Correct, the blade clutch needs to be removed. The easiest way to remove that is to remove the bolt through the center of it (disconnect the wiring first). If you do not have an air impact wrench to remove this bolt you will need to stop the engine from turning over so you can get the bolt out. Remove the spark plug and insert a piece of rope into the plug hole, this will act as a piston stop and allow you to put pressure on the bolt holding the clutch one.

There is no instruction page that details the removal or installation of your belt