Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
29067132

I have a Kohler Twin 17 Series II engine. I am looking for

I have a Kohler Twin 17 Series II engine. I am looking for a guideline to adjust the low and high idle needle settings on the carburetor. They appear to have been messed with prior, and I would like to get them to the suggested factory settings to see how out of whack they are.

Take a look through the kohler carburators on this page. Once you find yours, open up the link and it will give you the initial settings for your model.

http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not sure which carb. Do you know of anyway to figure which carb is on the Kohler Twin 17 Series II without pulling the carb off?

I will need more information then what you have provided. There should be a model number and spec number. Once I have that I can figure it out for you.