Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.

i have a 2600 max psi pressure washer.engine start but no water

i have a 2600 max psi pressure washer.engine start but no water coming out of the me.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 6 years ago.

The only easy attempt at fixing this is to check the inlet screen for debris. This can cause the problem,

Most of the time when this occurs you have to replace the entire pump.

These are very inexpensively built pumps and usually will cost more to repair them that replacing them.

What usually happens is that customers tend to put the pumps away without using the pump conditioner liquid in them. The causes the pump to corrode inside and the result is that the pressure relief valve inside the pump gets pitted and won't close. Also the corrosion causes other parts inside to not mesh together correctly.

Here is a website that has the pumpsaver conditioner that must be used before storage.

If this pumpsaver additive is added correctly before storage, you cab usually prevent the problems you are having.

As much as I hate to give this kind of answer, it is usually the correct answer. Buy a new pump. You probably can get the new pump

In many cased it might be best to just replace the entire pressure washer.

Wish I had a better answer.

Feel free to contact me here at this question anytime ...even after you hit the "ACCEPT" button ...and I will try to help further.

Please click "ACCEPT" or I won't get paid.

You may also consider sending a bonus if I have been helpful, Please leave POSITIVE feedback for me as this is how I'm rated. Remember, a neutral is nearly as bad as a negative. If not satisfied, contact me and I will make it right. Thanks