Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a kubota B 4200 with 2 cylinder 12.5 diesel engine,

Customer Question

I have a kubota B 4200 with 2 cylinder 12.5 diesel engine, it is a very slow starter and requires heating at all times could you please give me an indication of what is causing this .the previous owner had machine from new and has said it has always been like this as far as he can rember
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
Get two new glow plugs and try them before you do anything else.They get old, like spark plugs and should be changed.If they don't heat up as they should, it will cause hard starting. That is the best thing to try and the cheapest. Let me know. Just leave question open and do NOT ACCEPT until you have tried it. Let me know. Thanks.