J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.
13636126

murray 7-39004x92 motion belt route

murray 7-39004x92 motion belt route
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more? Can you verify model number? Doesn't show in multiple sites.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I need the route or path of the motion belt ( the belt that goes from the motor to the rear wheels)

it is a riding Mower..Murray 18/42 model number is XXXXX with a date code of 3047

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
The model number does not show in the Murray site or the other normal mower sites!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

it is a valid model number!! here is a link to show 1

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=115411 mine looks like this one except mine has a deck on it

so I waisted $13.00??!!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
You have not spent anything yet, you made a deposit. Let me get the old mower guys on this ,just give them a little while. Thanks. I will opt out and turn it over to the group. don't respond to me or it will lock the question.
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.
I will try to look it up on microfiche and make a diagram for you.
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.
I looked through all of my microfiche that date back to 1971 and it does not show as a good model number.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a good number ,,I found a picture on another..see link below ...I do not know what to say...

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=115411

Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.

OK,

I found it. It is a 1987. I am going to try to walk you through the belt diagram. I am going to tell you how it is routed if you were laying in front of the tractor on your belly and looking towards the front of the tractor. The belt is going to go around the main engine pulley. The left side of the belt is going to go back towards the 2 idler pulleys. It will go towards the inside of the front one and then around the outside of the rear one. It will then go back to the top of the pulley on the transmission and go down around it and then come up and over the idler pulley. Both of the last pulleys that I referenced are the ones that are vertical. After the belt comes off of the vertical idler it goes back up to the engine pulley. Clear as mud?

J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience: Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.